Friday, July 13, 2007

Kidney Stone!

Before last night I could say that it had been 5 years since I had a kidney stone. Not anymore! I was very rudely woken up at 2:30 last night by one of the darn things. For anyone who has ever had a kidney stone you know they can be very painful. I have a very high pain tolerance but as I was laying there last night all i could think about was how hard it was going to be to drive myself to the hospital with these 2 little kids at 3:00 in the morning in as much pain as I was in. I have passed about 7 kidney stones in my life and last night now makes 8. I usually tough it out for as long as I can and then go to the hospital. Last night I just toughed it out and thankfully it was a small one and it passed within a couple of hours. It is not just the pain. With it comes extreme nausea and a horrible urge to urinate. Overall, a very uncomfortable experience. It is funny how this came just a week after I was thinking about my last kidney stone attack. Fourth of July 2002 was a rough one. I passed 5 stones in two days. I will never forget that. I am just hoping that last night is it. Unfortunately, if history repeats itself there are more and probably soon. My kidney stones tend to travel in packs!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry babe! I cannot imagine how painful..and you've said more painful then being in labor...that's scary!