Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Who knew!!!

Did I really give my parents a hard time when I was six? Did I make them want to hurt me but then feel hurt all at the same time? I am sure I am not the only parent who feels this way. So tonight Jr. was talking back and complaining and refusing to do things and whining. A typical weekday night but I guess I am getting tired of it and the talks aren't working so it is time mommy means business. The final straw was when he stuck his tongue out at me. I sent him to his room and then told him to brush his teeth because he was going to his room and not coming out till the morning. Of course I explained why but i get the line Jesus says to give people another try. I then said Jesus says to forgive and mommy will forgive you but you are still going to your room. So, he is in his room and I had to talk to my mom because I was angry but then my heart was hurting all at the same time. My mom told me it was just going to get harder. I know she is right. I just want what every parent wants......to raise a nice child. I really hope I can do it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Deb,
You are so nice, it can be tough as a single parent, especially when you work with bad ass kids all day, you hope that your own will NEVER turn out to be that way. All you need to do is come home and have a glass of wine (or something harder :)), and all will be well!