Tuesday, March 20, 2007

DERAILMENT!!!

I am so upset right now. Actually it is more than that. What a disaster!!! I had this wonderful afternoon planned. I was to leave school, go to sexy's and then take her to dinner before her violin lessons. The only thing that happened was the go to sexy's part. As we are leaving sexy's I had to drop her by the library to return books. While she ran in I looked at the time and got nervous about if we would have enough time to eat Indian before her lesson.....that really turned out to be the very least of my problems. So, I decided to call the babysitter to make sure she picked up Jr. ok and made it back to my house. She didn't answer, so I was about to call his school when she called. SHE FORGOT!!! Just how does one forget when I just talked to her this morning to remind her. HOW??? So, i had no choice I had to leave to get him because I have nobody else who can. So, when sexy gets to the car I tell her and she is obviously upset....very understandable. I take her back home and fly to get Jr. 26mins. late......hey only $26 late charge. I then call the baby sitter and explain the situation she put me in and how it was not ok. I told her she is going to have to make up the money I paid in late fees. That is if she ever babysits for me again! Oh.....but the story doesn't end there. I then called sexy to tell her I made it home and she was on the train to her lesson about to switch trains. She then text me a few mins. later saying she got on the wrong train and was now on the purple express to evanston. I felt, and still do feel horrible. Somehow i feel like this is all my fault. Now she has to miss her lesson. I talked to her and she said it wasn't my fault but didn't feel like talking either......also very understandable. I don't like feeling like this is all my fault and the sad thing is I have no idea what I could have done to make it all turn out different. I guess don't loose track of time the next time and don't trust a 17 yr. old to pick up my son!!!

No comments: