Friday, October 24, 2008

The Secret Life of Bees

On Wednesday Lisa, Jr. and I went to go see The Secret Life of Bees. I was so excited when i heard it was coming out. I read the book and absolutely loved it. I was really hoping that the movie would be just as touching and good as the book was. I was not disappointed. I really enjoyed the movie. I had heard that some were skeptical of the movie because it starred Queen Latifa and Alicia Keys. I thought they played there parts well. Especially Alicia Keys. She did a great job playing June. The only criticism I might have about the movie is I thought it should have had more about the bees in it. In the book there is a lot more working and referencing to bees. I think as a whole the message and touching parts of the book were definitely carried out in the movie. Lisa had never read the book but she liked the movie and seemed to be very touched by parts of it. As you can tell I am not the best critic but I would recommend the movie and definitely if you haven't read the book you should read it.

No comments: