Saturday, October 11, 2008

Indian Food

I've been told to blog more about food. I guess it is a bit more interesting than the rest of my life now and plus I get comments when I blog about food. This one is for you connie.

Last night Lisa and I went to an Indian restaurant for dinner. I have been craving Indian for a long time and it has been months since I had any. Lisa and I went to Sher-A-Punjab on Devon. It is a little restaurant amongst all the other indian restaurants on Devon. I was so pleased that we found parking only a block away and really quick. Sher-A-Punjab has a small buffet of your basic indian dishes. I was a bit disappointed that didn't have Aloo Gobi or Chana Masala but the butter chicken was real good. They also brought fresh naan and tandori chicken right out to the table. I enjoyed most of the food and the variety was good for the price. Only $9. I washed it down with my favorite mango shake. This was probably the best mango shake i have had so far. I was pretty pleased with the food but I did go away missing the chats, dosas, and other snacky indian foods I am used to.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was very pleased to read the heading of this blog. I love getting what I want! This was a great entry because honestly..I've had Indian food only twice and never know what to order! I will jot down some of these strange words, which I will ask you about later! It is really cold here in the SF bay area today. I am shivering! I will buzz you later babe. Thanks for dedicatin' the blog to me. Btw...I had Franco's Famous turkey bacon this morning..yummy!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Have you cooked your own Asian food at home? I am going to take on Beef Chow Fun (soon). Wondering if you had any tips.

Oh and I want your crepe recipe. I want to compare it to mine.

This is fun!

Time to hit the gym..so I can continue to eat whatever the hell I want!

mygirlpurple said...

I would love to teach you more about Indian dishes. It is beautiful here this weekend. I had bacon this morning too.

And yes, I have cooked my own Asian food at home. I usually buy seasoning packets though and just add my own meat and veggies. A wok works really good and use lots of yummy veggies. oh, and don't over cook the rice. Love you babe!