Sunday, August 17, 2008

Life

I had a good time dancing last night but things turned bad when the bar closed. Let's just say somehow I ended up alone and drunk with no house keys and no one answering their phone. This situation and other things that have happened recently have made me realize that I am spending way to much time trying to fill my life with new and old friends. Don't get me wrong it is important to have friends and spend time with them but I have been relying on my friends too much to cure my loneliness and it just makes me feel empty inside. So, i guess I have a fear of being alone. Not uncommon but I feel like the only way I maybe able to overcome this fear is to allow myself to experience it.

I have a lot on my plate now outside of friendships. I have to find an apartment. I gave my notice at my place now so I have to be out by Oct. 1. Moving is a big project and definitely will give me a lot to do. I am going to be looking at a lot of apartments this week.
I also have a new business venture that I will be spending time on. Remember yesterday when I met with a former students family? Well, they are starting a new business and they want me to run it. It is a great opportunity but one that will require time outside of my already busy job. It is still in the planning stage so there is still awhile before it gets off the ground. I am feeling very honored to be handpicked by this family. It just goes to show that the impact we make in people's lives will eventually come back to us.
So I have one week before my son comes back and I have a lot to do so pardon me if I don't blog a lot this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do what you have to do for yourself and for Jr. good luck
kat