Sunday, August 3, 2008

Busy Weekend

Friday I met a friend I first started talking to two years ago on IM. We have chatted off and on for two years and has always given me good advice. We finally decided to meet. I am so glad we did. She is just as sweet in person as she is online. We met for a drink and then were shortly joined by some friends of hers. We had a great time and her friends invited Jr. and I back to their place for dinner. They are a nice lesbian couple and they have 2 kids. Jr. was excited to go play with kids. We went to their place, had dinner and the kids played while the adults sat outside and talked. It was so relaxing and so nice. I am so excited to have friends near where I want to move to.

Saturday I took Jr. to his dads and then I had a CPR and First Aid class I had to attend for work. It was okay and we got out 1 hour early so that was great. Then I went to Kat's house. She had the place to herself so she invited me over to hang out and watch the L-word. I brought Boonesfarm and we cooked dinner and watched lots of lesbian action.

Today I headed back up to Andersonville and met my friend Leesa, whom I met on Friday, for lunch. We went to Charles Ale House. It was so good. We sat outside and it made me so excited for the upcoming move. I love Andersonville area. It was so nice to sit outside with a friend watching everyone walk by and enjoying the beautiful weather. After lunch we decided to hit up the sidewalk sales going on. We stopped at Alamo Shoes where I got a nice deal on some fancy sandals. (pics to come) We then went to Women and Children first where I bought 4 books and a Regina Spektor CD. I bought Women & Fiction; short stories by and about women, The Dyke &The Dybbuk by Ellen Galford, She's Not There; A life in two genders by Jennifer Finney Boylan and Sisters On The Case; a collection of 20 mystery stories written by todays best known women mystery writers. I was so excited to listen to the Regina Spektor cd and was even more excited when I knew most of the songs on there. After shopping we headed to Kopi Cafe where we had nice refreshing frozen drinks. Leesa had a Mango Freeze and I had a Chai Shake. I really love the Kopi Cafe. Yummy! We then headed back to her place where she proceeded to kick my butt in Scrabble. When the bird flew on to the game board and messed it up I kindly forfeited the game. I was getting beat badly! I had to get going to pick up Jr. anyway. Now I am home and am exhausted. I had a fun filled weekend but tomorrow is Monday and this Chick needs to get some sleep!

No comments: