Tuesday, August 5, 2008

"the call"

The ex-gf called today. She said she would when she got back from her vacation. Although I didn't think she would call me. I didn't talk to her because she called my house phone in the middle of the day when I was at work. Obviously, she didn't want to talk to me either. So, it has been 3 weeks since we have had any communication with each other. I should have just forgot about it and ignored it but like an idiot I didn't. I decided to text instead of call to see if she had anything to say. Why do I still care what she has to say? I was doing so well and now I am back to caring about how she is feeling. What about me? I don't think she cares how I am feeling so I need to stop. She says she still wants me in her life as a friend. I say I deserve to have friends in my life that love me for me and like my kid. If I am not good enough to be her girlfriend, how am I good enough to be a friend. But Connie said something tonight that I need to remember. She told me to stop trying to define things with Caitlin now. Give it time and it will define its self. I have to stop dwelling on what could have been and my love for Caitlin. I have started to move on with my life without her in it and I need to keep heading down that road.

No comments: