Saturday, September 27, 2008

Michelle Tea!

I decided to go see Michelle Tea afterall tonight. I am so glad I did. I had a great time. In the past couple of years I have been reading a lot more and I have loved being introduced to new books and different genres. I owe this mostly to Caitlin. One of her many influences in my life. Of course lesbian books are of paticular interest to me but I have enjoyed reading a lot of other books too. I have always wanted to go to an author reading at Women and Children First but for some reason never have. I am a bit surprised that Caitlin and I never went when we were together. So, when a friend of my mentioned to me a few weeks ago we should go to a reading together I checked into it and found out Michelle Tea was going to be a guest speaker. I knew her, I read one of her books. I knew I would love to meet an author of a book I had read. So, my friend Neddy and I went and both enjoyed it Michelle Tea was great and I can't wait till the book she is writing comes out. Kristy C. Road was also an author who read tonight. I had never heard of her but she seems interesting so I might check out some of her books too. I am going to have to check out more readings in the future. I already know I am going to go see Alison Bechdel in November.

No comments: