Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Indigo Girls!!!

I have become the biggest Indigo Girls fan!!! I was so glad that sexy said she still wanted me to go to the concert with her. I was really sad about missing them. I was really nervous about it though. It is still so new and emotional with us. And confusing! I just decided to act natural and let her take the lead. So, sexy and I went to Rivinia last night to see the Indigo Girls. We had lawn tickets. I packed a picnic full of fruit, vegies, cheese, crackers, chocolate and many other things. Brought along some fruity malt beverages to go with our meal. We got there just minutes before Brandi Carlisle was set to go on stage but we were able to find a small little area under a tree just behind the main stage. It really was the perfect spot! I liked Brandi Carlisle a lot. The Indigo Girls were great. It was so great to hear Amy and Emily live and to be that close......like I said I have become a huge fan! I stayed on the blanket for a few songs and then decided to walk to the end of the main pavilion. Sexy joined me. We stood there, me holding her, and singing to the Indigo Girls. It was nice. A few songs I got pretty emotional. Just thinking about everything that has happened in the past week. Standing there with my arms around the girl that I love, not really knowing what she is thinking about and how she feels about me. Then this nice couple give us their tickets and we go inside to watch some of the show. We were part of the crowd that stood on their feet as Amy and Emily sang Closer to Fine. It was awesome. For the encore performance we were back out on our blanket, lying there under the stars. When the concert was over it was a mad dash to get inline for the train back. It was a bit scary at times as people were pushing. People tend to loose their minds in crowds. It is so stupid. Thank goodness everyone seemed to get on the train safely. The train ride back sexy finished her book and I reflected back on the evening. We got back to sexy's, put aloe on and got ready for bed. I don't think either one of us slept well. Our sunburns from Pride were really hurting. I can't wait to see the Indigo Girls again!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh...it sounds so nice, I wish I could've been there with you under the stars...laying on a blanket..I'm glad you had fun, babe. Love you.

Unknown said...

P.S.--Your butterfly tattoo looks sooooo awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!