Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Future!

When I woke up this morning the topic of the future was on my mind. Here is what the dictionary says future means: fu·ture (fychr)n.1. The indefinite time yet to come: Indefinite. That words is what is so complicated about the future. No one knows what is to come.

I have actually been thinking a lot about my future in the last couple of months. Trying to figure out what I want or trying to imagine what my future would be like and it just gives me a headache. So I have developed the philosophy of living in the now. The last few years have made me develop this philosophy.

If one would have asked me what I thought my future would have looked like 8 years ago. I would have said I would be happily married to my husband and have a wonderful family and a job I love. Well, we know that didn't happen. I hated my job, my marriage fell apart, etc. I take a look at the events of the past few years. divorce, coming out as a lesbian, 3 different jobs, lots of financial hardship, friends leaving, new relationships. Things I never imagined in my future but they happened. So often people think they control their future. To a point but unfortunately others can definitely impact the future too. So, what is in my future. I don't know and thinking about it isn't going to make it come true. What is important is to do what makes you happy. Life is to short to be miserable. So, i will do what makes me happy today and keep doing that.

No comments: