Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Vacation Day 3

It is now Day 3, Wednesday of my vacation. Sexy and I sleep in. I finally got some much needed sleep. After we got around and dressed I decided to fix breakfast. I made homemade blueberry pancakes and a fruit salad. It was beautiful and tasted good too. I used a made from scratch pancake recipe and then added fresh blueberries. YUMMY!!! After breakfast Sexy and I decided to help her mom out and do some vacuuming and cleaning up around the house. Her mom had been gone for about 2 weeks and the dog was shedding horribly. Definitely a good idea on our part. After that sexy and I lounged around and read our books till around 3:30p. At 3:30 her mom got home and we left to go sailing. After her step dad finally figured out how to connect the boat to the suv and get the lights working we headed for the lake. Once we got to the lake sexy and I just stood around while her mom and step dad unhooked on the wires and ropes. Then they called us up to help put the sails on. Then it was time to put the boat in the water. Once we got out on the lake it was nice and relaxing. We motored out to the middle of the lake and then put up the sails. Presto!!! We were sailing. Marty steared us for a bit and then Nancy took over and then she handed the reins over to me. I then continued to control the rudder for the rest of the evening. It was a great time. I have to say it is a bit difficult though. And frustrating a little when you can't find the wind. But in the end we made it around the island and had a good trip. Then came docking......All I have to say is watch out for those ropes along the side of the boat. they are small but they bruise like hell! After we got the boat out of the water we then had to tear everything down. I got a crash course in that too. Then it was off to dinner.....no not really. No taillights on the boat. Nancy, sexy and I got tired of waiting for marty to fix then so we decided to walk up this huge hill to the road. Not sure why but I just followed the gf and her mom. A little while later Marty finally stops and picks us up but still no lights. We ate at this grill and pub and it was very nice. Good food and good bear. Thanks for the dinner Nancy and a lovely time sailing!

No comments: