Tuesday, August 7, 2007

My crazy weekend in Iowa!

Shit! Has it really been that long since i blogged last. Damn, time has been flying by. I have a lot to talk about so here goes. So, last week I was trying to spend as much time with sexy as possible knowing I wasn't going to see her for 10 days and not talk to her for 7 of those days. She is currently at the Michigan Women's music festival. I am sure she is having a great time but I really wish I was with her. I miss her but I do have tons to do in the next few days.

So, last Friday I headed to Iowa. I went to visit my grandmother who has been very ill. They think she might pull through now but she won't be the same. It was so hard seeing her so weak and sick. Friday night I then went to see my cousin race at the Marshalltown Speedway. He races in the modifides. It was fun. He got first in his heat and 7th overall.

Saturday was the big 135th anniversary of my home town. All of my sisters were in town so all my family was together. It is always nice to have everyone around. Too bad the weather didn't cooperate. Right when the parade was about to start it started to downpour. It lightened up a little during the parade but everyone got soaked. The parade wasn't anything spectacular so the rain actually livened it up. The kids got lots of candy. We all then went back to my parents and changed into dry clothes waited for the rain to stop.....and it did...then we went to the other festivities going on. Jr. participated in a kids tractor pull. He liked it but was a little upset he didn't win. We then watched the water fights in the afternoon. A tradition in Iowa I guess to have opposing fire departements see who can use a hose and point it the best. I used to love them as a child but now I am not so sure. Fun to watch but I couldn't help but realize how much water was being wasted on the sport that most would probably find stupid. We then had a big bbq at my parents house and a birthday party for my sister's roomates' child. It was fun.

Sunday started with church in the park and then a potluck afterward. It was nice to see people I hadn't seen in a while this weekend. The potluck was nice and I had a good talk with my hometown pastor. We talked about me faith journey which I will save for another blog. It was a nice talk. Sunday afternoon I started to clean my parents pool which turned out to be a much harder job than I had first thought. But I got it cleaned and filled and my mom thinks it looks better than when they first put it up. Thank goodness!

Monday, my dad, jr and I headed to get my car fixed. I am trying to make sure everything is working well for when I head to Pennsylvania next week. My dad then treated us to lunch. i then went back to my parents, packed up my stuff and headed for Iowa. It was an interesting drive. At about DeKalb it just started to downpour and it was really hard to see anything and it kept up for over an hour. I guess that stormed dumped about 4in of rain. I can believe it! Got back to the city and was torn whether to go to square dancing or not. I decided to go and I am so glad I did. Michael the caller found out i was learning plus so even during the mainstream tips he called plus calls. it was fun and good practice. He also did a hexagon square. I always love learning new things. We also did a 9 person square. Michael asked me to be the 9th person. It was fun. I put my arms around peter and i became the left half of a person and he was the right half. Babs was our parner and we just had a great time with it. It was nice to see Michael so enthusiastic and teaching everyone new things. It was a good time. Afterward, I went to Sexy's to check up on things. She left lots of wonderful notes for me and a couple of cds. Gave Mitzi some fresh water and a bit more food. Read up on her worms. She has a bad mite problem and I hope to take care of it this week. Came home and went to bed. Now it is Tuesday and I have to much to do to spend anymore time blogging.

No comments: