Wednesday, August 8, 2007

RE: Polyamory

Thank you so much for those of you who commented about Polyamory. I find it to be an interesting subject and I felt like talking about it some more. I agree with Yeni that society does put a lot of labels on people. I believe monagamy is one of those. As I was discussing this with Connie I was talking about how people love more than one person all the time. Yes, it is a different kind of love but it is love. I love my son, I love my family, I love my best friend. I love sexy. All people I love. So, if I love all these people why couldn't I romantically love more than one person. I feel I have a lot of love to give! Just think about it. If you are saying no, it is not possible. I can't love more than one person at a time. Why? There is something or someone that has told you that it is not possible, but there are people who are doing it so it IS possible. I don't think we should tell ourselves it is not possible if we have never experienced it. Can you honestly say you don't like something if you have never even tried it? Don't get me wrong, i am not saying we should all be in polyamory relationships. I am saying that we should not be closed minded about other possibilities. Am I out there looking for another girlfriend right now. No, but if it ever happened I believe I would be a little more open to it now.

Yeni, had an interesting question I would like to comment on. Here it is...Now the question I have is does being polyamorous mean that one person is loved by the other two, or do all three love each other the same? Well, in my research I have found both cases can be true. Sometimes it can be three or more people who all love each other. This is not the case most of the time. Usually there is a main couple and then either 1 or both of them have a lover too. As both Caitlin and Yeni said it has to be agreed to by everyone involved. Communication is definitely the key. If all parties don't agree then it will not work. I love this subject so please comment more. Ask me any questions and I will try to answer them the best I can. Love!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

God, I wish I had time to read this and take a full look at your new blog!! At quick glance, it looks awesome. I am VERY excited about your lists. Babe,I am so sorry I have been so busy this week. Those damn kids are suffocating. I love you and I'm here for you. Hugs, kisses, and some ass grabbin'!

mygirlpurple said...

You better watch out with that ass grabbin! I really like that. Polyamory babe!!!

Unknown said...

My polyamory question: What if you just want sex from another person? What if it's not about love at all? Oh wait...is that the swingin' lifestyle??

mygirlpurple said...

Ok Connie, here is the answer to your question. It is swinging if your lover knows about it and is ok with it. If your lover doesn't know then it is just plain ass cheating. If there is no loved involved it can not be polyamory.

I hope I answered your question. Interesting question.....just what are you trying to say???

Unknown said...

Oh, I was just feelin' horny and tryin' to convey that message.

Unknown said...

You are so cracking me up over the phone right now...!!!!!!!

mygirlpurple said...

Connie- Horny is good! I am so glad I was making you laugh. I had a very funny and SEXY conversation with you. I love when we can make each other laugh. Have a great trip babe!