Friday, December 19, 2008

ohhhhh.....my aching back!

My back started to cause me a lot of pain last weekend and was really bad on Monday after I square danced Sunday afternoon. I had information for a free Chiropractor appointment so I decided to use it. They ended up taking x-rays. I went back in the next day and the doctor scared me a little when he showed me my x-rays. I am no expert and I don't begin to know how to read x-rays but even I could tell there was something wrong when he put them up. Long story short my lower back is crooked which causes stress on my whole spine and causes my neck to over compensate for it. This is why my lower back hurts and why the back of my neck hurts a lot. I also have some degeneration between some of my vertebrae. The Dr. assures me though that this can be corrected. So, I started my treatment immediately. A combination of three things. First, I lay on this bed and it massages my spine. This feels really good! Next they hook this machine with electrodes to my lower back and neck in the muscle on either side of my spine. It sort of vibrates and is suppose to relax the muscle. With that one I lay on my stomach. After that while I am still on my stomach the dr comes and does the adjustment. He uses this funky tool thing to line up my spine. I am a little sore after my treatments but I am noticing a big improvement. So today I set up a payment plan so that I can continue with me treatments. I know this is going to be expensive but I look at it this way. I am only 32 and my spine is very important to me....i sort of need it to be able to move.

No comments: